Physical and Chemical Properties Quiz
1. In the concept map below, fill in the names for the phase changes. 1 point each.
2. Decide whether each of the following processes is primarily a Physical or a Chemical change. After writing physical or chemical, explain why you answered as you did. 2 points each.
- Frost forming on a cold night.
- A tomato plant grows from a watered seed.
- A firecracker explodes creating a mixture of gases.
- A carpenter cuts a wooden board to a specific length.
- A bicycle left out in the rain starts to rust.
- Using a magnet to separate a mixture of iron filings and sawdust.
- A prospector dips his gold pan into the sediments of a river bottom and swirls the mixture of sand, gravel and gold flakes around until the denser gold flakes sinks to the bottom of the gold pan.
- Ice cream melts.