Catchy Carbon Questions
After reading the article "Catchy Carbon" answer these questions using complete sentences.
- What is a microbe?
- What is a anabolic steroid? (Will require another resource)
- What does CIR stand for?
- What does the 'T' and 'E' in T/E ratio stand for?
- How could an athlete beat the earlier T/E test?
- What are the two foods (carbon sources) for Hayes' sea-floor microbes?
- What is the raw ingredient that pharmaceutical companies use to make testosterone molecules?
- What two isotopes does the CIR use?
- Draw a line from the words in column 1 to column 2 and from column 2 to column 3.
soy temperate more C13 corn tropical less C13
- Explain why eating lots of soy-based foods will not confuse the CIR test.