Atomic Structure Pretest
|electrons||electron cloud||electron shell||isotopes|
|atomic mass units||atomic number||mass number||atomic mass|
- Negatively charged subatomic particle found in the electron cloud.
- Positively charged subatomic particle found in the nucleus.
- Neutral subatomic particle found in the nucleus.
- Central part of an atom made up of the protons and neutrons.
- Atoms of the same element having different numbers of neutrons.
- Number of protons in an atom.
- Average of the masses of naturally occurring isotopes of an element, weighted by abundance.
- The space around the nucleus of the atom through which the electrons move.
- Mass of an atom in atom mass units it is the sum of the number of protons and neutrons.
- Energy level of an e- that we model as the distance an e- circles the nucleus.
- Tiniest particle of an element that has all the properties of the element.
- Unit to describe the mass of atoms, molecules and subatomic particles.
- What element is in group 4A, period 2?
- Find silicon on the periodic table. How many protons are in silicon?
- What is the atomic number of silicon?
- What is the atomic mass of silicon?
- What is the symbol for silicon?
- How many neutrons are in the most common isotope of silicon?
- In what group is silicon ?
- In what period is silicon?
- On the back of your answer sheet, draw a Bohr diagram for silicon.