Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Card Shuffle
- Teacher gives each student one index card.
- Student cuts/tears card into eights and label each as follows:
- energy input (light)
- energy output (ATP)
- Photosynthesis (and on reverse side cellular respiration)
- Students shuffle cards
- Teacher directs students to construct equation for photosynthesis. Note not all cards will be used.
CO2 + H2O + energy input ---> C6H12O6 + O2
- Student places Photosynthesis cardlet above equation as the title.
- Teacher directs students to construct equation for cellular respiration.
C6H12O6 + O2 ---> CO2 + H2O + energy output (ATP)
- Student places cellular respiration cardlet above equation as the title.
- Repeat as necessary.