Cancer Reading Questions
After reading pages 126 and 127 in Campbell answer these questions in complete sentences.
- What system controls the cell cycle?
- What type of molecules are used to signal the "stop" and "go-ahead" messages to a cell?
- What will a normal cell do when it gets the G1 go-ahead signal?
- What happens if a normal cell never receives the G1 go-ahead signal?
- What is cancer?
- Compare and contrast benign and malignant tumors.
- What is the danger from a malignant cancer?
- Define metastasis.
- Describe the four site-based categories of cancer.
- How can radiation which disrupts cell division be more harmful to cancer cells than normal cells?
- What are side effects of radiation cancer treatment?
- How do antimitotic drugs combat cancers?
- What actions are you doing now to reduce your risk of cancer?
- What actions do you think you should be doing to reduce your risk of cancer?