DNA and RNA quiz
- What are Watson and Crick famous for?
- What is a phage?
- How did x-ray crystallography assist in determining the structure of DNA?
- Describe the function of the three DNA replication enzymes we have discussed.
- What does 3' and 5' refer to?
- What is the relationship between DNA polymerase and Okazaki fragments?
- How does RNA polymerase know where to start transcription?
- List three things that occur in the processing of eukaryotic pre-MRNA.
- Where do you find rRNA?
- Translate this mRNA sequence: AUG CUG AAA CUA ACC CAU
- Translate this mRNA sequence: AUG CUG AAA UAA CCC AUG
- Describe the mutation that occurred in the last problem (compared to the previous sequence).
- Why is elevating the temperature an important step in PCR?
- Describe what restriction enzymes do.
- The band of DNA fragments that move the farthest in gel electrophoresis are the smallest / largest.