My Secret DNA Message
- On the DNA Message template, create a message using the amino acid single letter abbreviations from your mRNA Codons Decoder Table.
- The message will encode at least two peptide strings (words) and at least eight letters all together.
- The message should be appropriate for school!!
- Record the mRNA codon, the tRNA codon and the DNA code for each letter
- Remember that mRNA codon (MET) is the code for starting the peptide (protein) and the mRNA codon (UGA) is stop. Typically we'll represent those as a space in the decoded peptide.
- Exchange your message with someone in the room. They will have to decode your message!
- An example of a message is on the DNA Message template.
- You will turn in your message and the message you decoded from your neighbor.