Reference: KUOW Weekday broadcast 26 Sept 2005
- Hurricanes pickup heat from deep layers of warm water esp greater than ______ F.
- Hurricanes cool the ________.
- Upward trends in hurricane energy are correlated to ________ __________ ______________ (SST).
- Hurricanes can be thought of as a ______________ _________pushed by upper level flow.
- Atlantic hurricanes are about ____% of world total.
- U.S. landfall hurricanes are < __________ of world total.
- Hurricane ___________ forecasts are pretty good but intensity forecasts aren't.
- __________________ is an important parameter in science.
- Models need both ______________ and ___________ data (down to 200 m).
- The AMDO ___________ ______________ _______________ has been on an upswing during the last ten years.
- Global circulation models can go out 50 - 100 years. True or False
- Models predict substantially __________________ snowpack in Cascade mountains.